At the end of this course, you will be able to...
- Play ten of the most beautiful melodies from mandolin traditions around the world
- Be ready to play all the new tunes with an accompanist using "lead sheet" charts
- Learn ornaments and other elements of each new genre
You will have lifetime access to all printed materials and all video lessons in this course.
You can go through the class at your own pace anytime. Recommended duration is four weeks. You can return to the course at any time for the rest of your life.
About the Course
The "Beyond Bluegrass" Sampler is for mandolin players of all levels and backgrounds, ages 7 to 97.
It is the perfect introduction to several vibrant styles of mandolin music, including Irish traditional, Brazilian "choro", Jewish "klezmer" and gypsy jazz swing.
You'll learn two new tunes from each genre from gorgeously-filmed, beautifully-performed professional demonstrations.
Then, Tim will systematically teach you to play the melodies one section at a time, with great attention to detail and nuances of each genre.
- Forever access to all pre-recorded video lessons
- Forever access to all practice-along videos
- Free Downloadable PDFs of all printed materials, including ten song charts